The Live Your Dream Awards provide monetary assistance to women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families. It is the cornerstone program of Soroptimist International of the Americas, LiveYourDream.org's sponsoring organization.
Each year, more than $1.7 million in education grants are awarded to over 1,300 women, many of whom have overcome enormous obstacles including poverty, domestic violence, the death of a spouse and/or substance abuse.
Potential Cash Award Levels
First Level: Soroptimist International of Marin County awards four (4) women $3,000 and one of those women will be chosen to move to the Second Level!
Region Level: Over 100 first-level recipients are selected to receive an additional $3,000 or $5,000
International Level: 3 region-level recipients are selected to receive an additional $10,000
You are eligible to apply for the Live Your Dream Awards if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Lives, works, or goes to school in Marin County.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
- Has a Social Security number or Tax ID number. (This is required for tax purposes and is only necessary if you are a resident of the United States. You will not be asked to share this information unless you have been given an award.)
How to Apply
- Apply online.
- Eligible applicants can submit their application between August 1 - November 15.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org